Investors News Release
|View printer-friendly version|
NRG and Lucid Join Forces to Bring Smarter Building Management to Businesses
New Channel Partnership Will Bring 2,500 Office Buildings Online in 2015 with Lucid’s BuildingOS Platform, Empowering the World’s Leading Companies to Make Smarter Energy Choices
By integrating and aggregating portfolio-wide metering and building systems, BuildingOS is expected to enable NRG Renew customers to unlock new value from their building data and chart their path toward a more efficient use of energy and conversion to clean energy sources. The powerful reporting engine in BuildingOS is intended to ensure that employees across an organization can instantly access and share that data in real-time, resulting in quick, measurable efficiency and productivity gains. NRG Renew will also use BuildingOS to help clients identify opportunities for clean energy, efficiency and smarter energy management practices.
To date, building management software has been limited to use by experts or specialists. NRG Renew and Lucid are dedicated to building a clean energy future where key data is readily accessible and employees across an organization have the power to make a difference. This new partnership marks the first step towards putting that power directly into the hands of the end-user.
“Our goal is to develop scalable, productized microgrid solutions that
bring efficiency, renewable energy and intelligent control to our energy
“We are thrilled about our partnership with NRG Renew,” said Vladi Shunturov, co-founder and CEO of Lucid. “Our flexible, cloud-based platform is built for the enterprise: it allows multiple users across an organization to easily manage buildings and meters; and its suite of intuitive, purpose-specific applications enables each team member to solve their unique business problems while increasing cross-departmental visibility and collaboration.”
NRG Renew has already announced renewable energy partnerships with
several leading companies, including Unilever,
In addition to offering BuildingOS 2.0 to its customer-base, NRG also
plans to bring its own offices across
Partnership Delivers Benefits Across Organizations
The partnership between NRG Renew and Lucid provides businesses and their employees greater control of their building data and the tools to collaborate across departments to make the right decisions based on the right data and analysis. The partnership is designed to deliver a variety of benefits to different departments who touch energy data, for example:
Building Operations Teams
- Optimize building performance. By aggregating real-time, portfolio-wide data, BuildingOS allows users to see, in a glance, what's happening in their buildings and then dig in further to identify low- and no-cost opportunities to save energy and money.
- Manage peak demand. More than 40 percent of utility bills are spent on peak demand charges. The BuildingOS Trend Analysis App helps by showing users in real-time when their buildings hit their peaks, empowering customers to better manage peak demand.
- Detect issues and abnormalities. The information provided by BuildingOS allows customers to analyze and review multiple meters at the same time for easy ad-hoc reporting over any timescale.
- Drive behavioral efficiency. BuildingOS uses embeddable building blocks to showcase real-time building performance and green features in an engaging, user-friendly way so that people and teams across the organization can collaborate around shared sustainability goals.
- Easily collect and analyze utility bill data. BuildingOS reduces the amount of time spent entering all of their utility bill data into spreadsheets. BuildingOS integrates directly with customers’ utility provider, automating the collection and analysis of meter-level data across their portfolio.
- Automate reporting and compliance. BuildingOS connects directly and pushes energy data to the Energy Star system to meet reporting requirements automatically.
About NRG Renew
NRG Renew, a subsidiary of
NRG is leading customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the strength of the nation’s largest and most diverse competitive power portfolio. A Fortune 200 company, we create value through reliable and efficient conventional generation while driving innovation in solar and renewable power, electric vehicle ecosystems, carbon capture technology and customer-centric energy solutions. Our retail electricity providers serve almost 3 million residential and commercial customers throughout the country. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy and @NRGMedia.
Lucid is making building management simple. By connecting people to
buildings, our intuitive solutions empower organizations to make smarter
decisions that reduce costs, improve occupant comfort, and accelerate
team productivity. Lucid is headquartered in