- When did the NRG announce the transaction and when did the transaction close?
- NRG and GenOn announced the combination on July 22, 2012 and subsequently closed the transaction on Friday, December 14, 2012.
- How does the combination of NRG and GenOn affect me?
- NRG common stockholders retain their ownership in NRG Energy. GenOn common stockholders received .1216 shares of NRG for each share of GenOn common stock owned prior to the consummation of the transaction. All whole shares will be issued in book-entry form. You will be receiving a check for any fractional share you are entitled to because only whole shares will be distributed. Shares of GenOn no longer trade on The New York Stock Exchange or any other Exchange.
- Whom should I contact regarding the exchange of my GenOn stock for NRG stock?
You can contact NRG’s Transfer Agent, Computershare Shareowner Services LLC , at:
Toll Free at 866-214-2213
P.O. BOX 30170
College Station, TX 77842-3170
Overnight correspondence should be sent to:
211 Quality Circle, Suite 210
College Station, TX 77845
Shareholder online inquiries